This Saturday, September 30th, is International Translation Day!
Here at NAMI Maine, we are celebrating and honoring the efforts of language experts who play a crucial role in uniting nations, fostering communication, and strengthening global peace and security.
Together with Recite Me, we are breaking down barriers for those with diverse language and translation needs by providing a suite of customizable accessibility and translation options on our website.
💬 Choose from a variety of tools & translate our website to over 100 languages by simply clicking the “Accessibility” button on the top of our website’s home page.
Recite Me is innovative cloud-based software that lets visitors view and use our website in a way that works best for them. We’ve added the Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar to our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible.
HOW IT HELPS:
• 1-in-4 people in the US who have a disability, including those with common conditions like sight loss and dyslexia, access our website in the way that suits them best
• 1-in-5 who speak a language other than English at home, by translating our web content into over 100 different languages
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions.
YOU CAN USE IT TO:
- Read website text aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colors
- Customize background-color
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
You can find out more about how Recite Me works from the Recite Me user guide.
#InternationalTranslationDay #Diversity #ReciteMe #Inclusion #Accessibility #Translation