Type: Full-Time, 40 Hours per week
Location: Hallowell, Maine
The Events Coordinator is pivotal in NAMI’s Administrative team, providing crucial support for fundraising, awareness-building, and relationship-building initiatives through organizing special events. This role bears the responsibility of spearheading NAMIWalks, our most significant fundraising event. Moreover, the Events Coordinator will organize various events, including a Suicide Prevention Summit, a Youth Summit, and ongoing donor gatherings throughout the state of Maine.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Relationship Management: Act as the primary liaison for community engagement events, nurturing existing grassroots fundraising events and establishing and maintaining solid connections with event sponsors, partners, vendors, and stakeholders. Seek new partnerships and collaborations to enhance event success and expand the organization’s reach.
- Sponsorships and Fundraising Support: Develop resources to bolster volunteer fundraising endeavors, identify and secure sponsorships and partnerships, and devise innovative strategies for engaging participants and donors through various communication channels, social media platforms, and personal interactions.
- Event Planning & Execution: Collaborate with the team to create comprehensive event plans, define goals and objectives, manage budgets, set timelines and program agendas, conceptualize event themes, and oversee implementation and evaluation plans. Ensure smooth operations and address any challenges that may arise.
- Event Logistics: Take charge of event logistics, including venue selection, acquiring permits, arranging equipment rentals, coordinating transportation, securing speakers and entertainment, overseeing event setup and signage, managing vendor relations, and ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- Marketing and Promotion: Work with the marketing team to develop and execute comprehensive marketing and promotional strategies to increase event awareness, attract participants, and generate media coverage.
- Additional Responsibilities: Perform any other duties as assigned to contribute to the overall success of NAMI’s administrative efforts.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree or two years related work experience in communication, public relations, event planning or closely related course of study required.
- Experience with event planning or project management.
- Social media savvy and experience with basic graphic design.
- Comfort with website design.
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat/Photoshop.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for coordinating with clients, vendors, and team members. Clear communication helps ensure that all event details are understood and executed properly.
- Organizational Skills: must have strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, create schedules, and keep track of various event elements such as venues, vendors, and timelines.
- Time Management: Effective time management is crucial to meet deadlines, handle last-minute changes, and ensure that all event preparations are completed on time.
- Attention to Detail: Events involve numerous details, from decor and catering to logistics and schedules. Being detail-oriented helps prevent mistakes and creates a seamless event experience.
- Problem-Solving: Events often come with unexpected challenges. The ability to think on your feet and find solutions quickly is important to ensure events run smoothly.
- Customer Service: Events coordinators interact with clients, attendees, and vendors. Providing exceptional customer service and addressing concerns professionally are key to maintaining positive relationships.
- Teamwork: Collaboration with various teams, such as marketing, design, and production, is essential to ensure all aspects of an event come together harmoniously.
- Physical Stamina: Events often involve long hours and physical activity, so having the stamina to stand, walk, and lift when needed is important.
- Professionalism: will need to represents the company and its clients, so professionalism in appearance and behavior is expected.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed on this job description) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.