Car Raffle Rules
National Alliance on Mental Illness Maine (NAMI Maine)
Car Raffle April 30, 2012 – June 30, 2012
1. The Prize. A 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT Convertible valued up to $19,725.00 provided by The Red Barn Inc. The winner is responsible for all taxes (sales and 1099 other income prize winnings), title and registration fees. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash. The vehicle will not be delivered until after all of the applied taxes, license and registration fees are paid by the winner. The winner must have proper identification when claiming the vehicle (a valid state driver’s license) and appropriate insurance as determined by NAMI Maine. If the winner elects not to accept the vehicle, no substitution or exchange for cash or other goods will be provided. NAMI Maine is not responsible for the vehicle’s quality nor shall it have any responsibility once the vehicle has been conveyed or delivered to the winner.
2. Eligibility. Only licensed drivers (license cannot be suspended), 18 years of age (on or before June 30, 2012) and older who are residents of the State of Maine are eligible to participate and enter. To be eligible to win, entries must be completed and received by NAMI Maine in the format designated below. Board members of NAMI Maine and employees of NAMI Maine, The Red Barn Inc. and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, siblings and children) and/or those living in the same household (whether related or not) or are not eligible. NAMI Maine reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules, any applicable laws, or anyone who makes any misrepresentations relative to this drawing of chance.
3. Entry in Drawing. Participation in this drawing by chance shall be through ticket sales. The suggested minimum donation for each ticket is $5.00. NAMI Maine is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in connection with this drawing by chance. NAMI Maineassumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failures, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entries. Incomplete or illegible entries are void. Entries may not be resold and no refunds or replacements will be issued.
4. Cut-off. No entries will be accepted or distributed after June 30, 2012. Requests received after 3:30 p.m. on June 30, 2012 will not be accepted and will be rejected.
5. Selection of and Notification to Winner. The winner will be selected at a random drawing at The Red Barn at 455 Riverside Drive in Augusta, Maine on June 30, 2012 at 4pm by an independent judge whose decision shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrants do not need to be present to win. The winner will be notified by certified email, according to the contact information provided to NAMI Maine at the time of entry. The odds of winning the prize will depend on the number of entries. In the event a winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond within the required time frame, fails to otherwise qualify for the prize and/or declines the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. If not claimed within 14 days of notification, the winner designee will forfeit any rights to the vehicle and the same will be awarded to an alternate winner. The right to take possession of the vehicle through the winning entry is neither assignable nor transferable.
6. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded the vehicle, the winner designee shall be required to execute and deliver to NAMI Maine a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability.
7. Use of Winner’s Name and Likeness. In consideration for being awarded and delivered the vehicle, the winner agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of such person’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity in any media, worldwide, in perpetuity.
8. Taxes and Deductibility. Donations made in connection with this drawing of chance are not tax deductible. All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt and use of the vehicle are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state and local taxes are based on the final actual retail value of the vehicle.
9. Official Rules. For a copy of the Official Rules, print this web page or send a self- addressed, stamped envelope to: Official Rules Request, NAMI Maine Car Raffle, 1 Bangor Street, Augusta, ME 04901.
10.Governing Laws. This drawing by chance and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Maine. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited.
11.Contest Sponsor. This drawing by chance in a charity drawing held in compliance with the State of Maine and is sponsored by NAMI Maine, which is a qualified organization exempt from federal income tax pursuant 26 U.S.C. Section 501(c)(3). NAMI Maine is a registered charity with the State of Maine with the registration number 01-0406214.
12.Dispute Resolution. NAMI Maine shall resolve all disputes in its sole and absolute discretion.
13.General Release. Each entrant releases NAMI Maine, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and successors from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all cause of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with or as a result of participation in this drawing by chance and if the winner, in acceptance, possession or use of the prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
14.Trademarks. Any trade names, trademarks or service marks shown as part of the materials associated with this drawing by chance are the property of their respective owners.
THE NATIONAL ALLIANCE ON MENTAL ILLNESS-MAINE, WITH ITS PRINCIPAL PLACE OF BUSINESS LOCATED AT 1 BANGOR STREET AUGUSTA, MAINE, IS A REGISTERED CHARITY WITH THE STATE OF MAINE. THE REGISTRATION NUMBER IS 01-0406214. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800) HELP-FL (435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. NAMI MAINE IS A GRASSROOTS NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF EVERYONE AFFECTED BY MENTAL ILLNESS. SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BOTH DIRECTLY, AND THROUGH A STATEWIDE STRUCTURE OF LOCAL AFFILIATES AND SUPPORT GROUPS.